Current Opportunities: Chief Executive Officer
POST TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Board of Management
SALARY: c £40,000 to £45,000 (pro rata)
HOURS OF WORK: 28 hours per week to include very occasional evening and weekend duties
LOCATION: Dundee with option for flexible homeworking
GoodCall CIC is on the hunt for a positive, enthusiastic, caring leader to drive forward our mission. As we continue to grow, so do our ambitions! We want to be the greatest force for good in mobile and that’s where YOU come in. Do you have excellent communication skills, an ambition to make a difference, to raise awareness of our mission, and lead a brilliant team? Great news! GoodCall is recruiting for a new Chief Executive Officer.
GoodCall is the first social enterprise in Scotland dedicated to providing mobile telecoms services, tariffs, and hardware as well as expert advice for charities and social enterprises in the UK, saving them time and money so that they can focus on making incredible things happen for their organisation. We are not just another mobile provider – we champion digital inclusion and employ those furthest from the labour market and build their skills for tomorrow’s digital workplace. We believe charities deserve a fairer deal, and we are looking for the right person to help spearhead our mission.
About the Role
From supporting vulnerable young people to volunteer management and implementing life-changing projects, we love helping charities make a difference through bespoke mobile solutions. By helping guide the direction of the organisation, you will ensure that the team and our resources are being managed with impact in mind. You will play an essential role in driving growth, connecting with charities, and leading GoodCall to success. Check out our website (www.goodcall.org.uk) and find us on socials (@goodcall_mobile) to find out about our story, see the impact we are making, and meet some of our great little team.
You’re ideal for this role if:
- You are an experienced leader who is passionate about the third sector,
- You take pride in developing people and guiding a team to success,
- Developing trust with both internal and external stakeholders comes naturally to you,
- You’re innovative, organised, and considered in your approach,
- You have a natural ability to facilitate important discussions and work to get the best out of others
- You are an expert communicator and enthusiastic about making an impact.
- You have a track record of and you get results
- Driving success and growth of GoodCall by providing strategic guidance and direction,
- Being a champion of the work that GoodCall do and motivating and supporting our team to make an impact for as many charities as possible,
- Developing and nurturing relationships with potential prospects and ensuring our message reaches the third sector locally and nationally,
- Managing the day-to-day operations of GoodCall and ensuring that GoodCall is a sustainable and impact-driven social enterprise.
- Spearheading our funding strategy and generating sustainable income through research, design, writing, and submitting applications for funding to ensure crucial support for our services.
You’ll work in a small but very ambitious team, where you’ll have a chance to develop and collaborate within a social enterprise that is built on a foundation of both third sector and telecoms knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being open to new and innovative ideas. No two days are the same at GoodCall and we are looking for an adaptive and enthusiastic person to take our vital work to the next level.
If you want to know more, reach out to us at www.goodcall.org.uk. If you like what you see and you feel you fit the bill, please send in your CV with a cover letter, as well as the application form to tell us why you want to join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 30th July 2021